August 08, 2011

Delectable Tuesday Blog Hop 8/9 - Fish Stick Tacos

I have Back to School on the brain. We start our homeschool the day after Labor Day and we are in full-on planning mode. That includes lunches. I like to cook "real food" lunches on school days, but sometimes we love convenience foods. French fries are fun once in awhile and what kid doesn't like fish sticks? Even I have a love affair with fish sticks, but I try to only eat them once in a while.

Fish Stick tacos are a huge hit when I make them. The beauty of them is they can be topped with almost anything. Traditional tartar sauce is good, but why not fresh Pico de Gallo or chipotle mayo? Here's a basic fish taco recipe. It makes 2 tacos each for a family of five.


Fish Stick Tacos

30 breaded frozen fish sticks
10 soft flour tortillas or crunchy corn shells
1/2 pound finely shredded lettuce
3/4 cup tartar sauce
3/4 cup salsa
shredded cheddar cheese, optional

Preheat oven to 400*F. Arrange fish sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and golden brown. Remove from heat and cut into thirds. Fill the tortillas with fish stick portions, lettuce, tartar sauce, and salsa to serve.


For more great recipes visit Hearth and Soul, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday and Tuesdays at the Table.

Home Sweet Farm







6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I shared my Gf Blueberry Sunflower Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting! I'm glad I found your blog!

    I linked a Strawberry Cobbler recipe and a Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza.

    http://imiationbydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have linked up Lemon Cookies and Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted about water kefir grains -- how to store them, maintain them, and buy them so you'll always have great homemade probiotic water kefir beverage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grilled shrimp tacos are my favorite and your fish tacos look so good I cannot wait to try them. We linked up a wonderful Southern style rib recipe today. Come over and visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting!
    I keep saying that one day I'll try fish tacos...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails