July 19, 2010

Recipe of the week -- Kid Friendly Salmon



Do you have trouble getting your kids to eat fish that doesn't resemble a stick? Do you hear them chanting salmon is yucky?

That's my kiddos in a nutshell. If it wasn't labeled fish "stick" it didn't enter their mouth. Even putting it on their plate started a riot.

Fast forward a bit to the moment where I found the easiest, yummiest salmon recipe ever. Somehow (and I'm still not really sure how it happened) I got them to try a teeny bite and lo and behold they were hooked! Salmon was now a must eat!! Go healthy fish!

Kid Friendly Salmon

1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tbls. vegetable oil
2 tbls. brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. salmon fillet cut into four pieces (individually frozen salmon is great for this!)

In a small baking dish, combine the soy sauce, oil, brown sugar and garlic; mix well. Place salmon in the baking dish, coating with sauce mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Preheat grill or broiler (both work equally well). Grill (or broil) over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.


For more great recipes visit Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday and Tuesdays at the Table.

12 comments:

  1. I've had this and it IS wonderful. Much better than the "salmon patties" my parents tried to get past me. I would prefer plain old salmon over patties - but this - now this is kid friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like fish, but I do like Salmon. this looks quite tasty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try this for my son who has just started eating chicken :) He was born vegetarian, i guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids would definitely love this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does look great, and yes, I am trying to get my child to eat fish! Thanks for linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make something very similar and it is always a huge hit with everyone!! I top mine with lemon slices and onion slices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our friend just returned from Alaska with fresh salmon for us and my kids(even grown ) will turn their noses up, but I think they will try this. I just did a post with fish tacos using halibut he brought and they tried it, and liked it, so maybe if I jump on it right away they will love your salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing this. My kids actually do like salmon and I can't wait to try it. Feel free to link up with my tasty tuesdays any time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been feeding bub salmon (steamed) with avocados and cottage cheese. She loved it at first but soon got sick of it. I fed her this today and she kept asking for more and even finished all her vegetables. Thanks for sharing this receipe! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails