April 25, 2011

Delectable Tuesday Blog Hop 4/26 - Ham Loaves

So, are you like every other family and have tons of ham leftovers from Easter?

I love leftover ham because it gives me the opportunity to make one of my favorite ham meals. I've tried making these loaves with ham that wasn't roasted first, but it's just not the same.

These are really good and I love the fact that it makes two. One for now and one for later. Two meals for the work of one!


Ham Loaves

1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25)
1/2 cup chopped green onion
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbls. lemon juice
1 tsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. pepper
Dash ground nutmeg
Dash paprika
1 1/3 cups leftover ham
1 lb. ground pork

Ham Loaf Glaze ingredients:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. ground mustard

Using a food processor or blender, finely chop ham. This is best done in small batches.

In a large bowl, combine the crackers, green onion, eggs, lemon juice, ground mustard, ground ginger, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, nutmeg and paprika. Add ham and pork; mix well. Shape into 2 loaves.

Place one loaf into an ungreased 9x5 loaf pan. Bake the ham loaf at 350* for 1 hour. Wrap the remaining loaf in foil and freeze for up to 2 months.

Meanwhile, combine the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.

After the ham loaf has baked, remove it from the oven. Baste with the glaze. Bake 30-40 minutes longer, basting occasionally.


For more great recipes visit Hearth and Soul, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday and Tuesdays at the Table.

Home Sweet Farm





15 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for ham left overs. We don't have any leftovers this easter because it was my birthday as well. All food...gone, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the leftover ham. Thanks for sharing and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for hosting this linky again! Have a blessed day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this sounds just lovely. What a great way to use up leftover ham! Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul blog hop, and thank you for hosting your linky too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting! I'm sharing our latest muffin recipe, Whole Wheat Pineapple Muffins. These are quick and easy, healthy, and low on sugar for a great break from all that Easter basket candy. :) Blessings! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea for ham leftovers. I cannot wait to try this. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a perfect dish..something to remember.Thanks for sharing and for hosting.I just linked my Camaron Rebosado and Sweet Sour Pork

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there - I’m following!

    I've got a page devoted to hops for every day of the week. The link can be found just under the blog header. And check today’s post for some tips on saving at the gas pump - http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2011/04/from-my-inbox-tips-to-save-at-gas-pump.html.

    Have a great week!

    NCSue

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do have tons of leftover ham! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone! I'm linking up my Pasta With Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes in Alfredo Sauce! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the hop! I'm following. :-)

    http://helpfuldaddy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never had Ham Loaf but it sure sounds tasty. I brought Cinnamon Blondies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never even heard of a ham loaf! Sounds delicious - thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting! Great use for leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails