Blocking knits when they are finished is not my favorite thing. It's not that it's hard, it's just a lot of wet work.
When I finished my Georgiana shawl I realized I had a problem. I did not have enough mats to go under my shawl to block it. Oh, but that gave me a chance to make an order for more and a couple other things I've been wanting. :)
For once my order made a speedy appearance and in no time I was soaking and blocking my shawl.
This shawl has an interesting shape. Every other shawl I've blocked has been a triangle shaped shawl, but this was round. I spent almost an hour moving, tugging and wiggling it into shape. It still wasn't perfectly symmetrical, but I'm not sure any one can tell but me.
Here she is!
If you look really close you can see there is a color difference between the old mats and the new ones.