October 28, 2009

Chores and FUN!


Chores are never-ending on a farm. There are animals to feed, poo to scoop and a long list of things that should be done, but never quite seem to be finished. Fall just heaps another big one on that list when it starts raining leaves. Seriously, yesterday our big maple out back was full. Today....completely empty. How did that happen?? Needless to say, I'm going to be raking leaves until spring.

I did manage to convince the kids that a little time doing chores with mommy could be fun. With the promise of a big pile of leaves to jump in and pizza for dinner they were ready for anything.

We started by making large piles of leaves. Yuck, they were wet from all the rain we've had, but we kept going. Lizzie was using the wheelbarrow to take them to the garden (good compost!). Nick, Kayla and I raked and raked and raked and raked. We hardly made a dent. We'll be doing this again, but I did promise them the fun. So I raked up one big pile and this is what they did...After all of that, they were still congenial enough to help mom with the alpaca chores. Wow, that pizza promise worked good!
Of course along with alpacas, Charley (the cow) needs to be fed. But my favorite image of the day has to be this....enjoy it while I go eat my pizza ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails