June 05, 2010

Lazy Day Bargain Hunting

I woke up today for the first time in weeks with absolutely no set plans. It was kind of a weird feeling since we have had so much going on these last few weeks. What to do?

After a quick trip to the mill, chores were completed and we just kind of looked at each other and said, let's go find some garage sales.

We haven't stopped at a garage sale in ages. I don't really see the point most of the time since I'm not looking for anything specific. It was a lot more fun when the kids were little and we were looking for baby items and toys. Back then we'd scour the paper and make a plan of attack. We'd take the stroller and make a day of it. Not so much any more.

We found a couple neighborhood sales and stuck with those. After 3 hours I was tired and ready to go home. We did find some bargains though.

Nearly new shoes for Micaela $.50








Group of very awesome science books for school $4








Cute little ice bucket at an estate sale $1








Cross-Stitch Magazines $.25 a piece








And the bargain of the day was a huge bucket of Geotrax train pieces. These are made by Fisher-Price so you know that they are not cheap in the stores. The whole bucket was $10.






That included 2 working trains with controllers. As you can imagine Nick is ecstatic!

4 comments:

  1. Those science books are awesome. What a great find.

    I am a new follower from FF. sorry so late, but I have been so busy this past weekend. I would love to have you visit me over at my place. Come by and enter my latest giveaways. They have low entries so far, since I am new to giveaways. Help me out here! :)

    Hope you have a wonderful week. I will be back to read more for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.sixcherriesontop.com/search/label/Giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the great finds! New follower from Tuesday Tag Along!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails