June 21, 2010

Recipe of the week -- Hobo Marinated Steak



Do you have a go-to summer recipe? One that you run for when company's coming or maybe just because it's really good?

This is mine. We can eat this as much as once a week in the summer and it always gets rave reviews when served to company.

This recipe has been in the family for forever it seems like, but I think it was actually my mom that made this up by modifying another recipe when I was little.

Hobo Marinated Steak
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. black pepper
4 boneless steaks (we have used round steak, cubed steak and sirloin...whatever happens to be in the freezer)

Mix the ketchup, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic and pepper in a large resealable ziploc bag. Shake to mix well. Add steaks. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Grill as desired.

If you have leftovers (we rarely do), they are good sliced up in stir-fry or salads.

For more great recipes visit Mouthwatering Monday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, and Tuesdays at the Table.

13 comments:

  1. this looks delish, and so easy to make (bonus) I love firing up the grill in the summer and trying new dishes, so this may get added to the list. Happy first day of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting. It sounds delicious.
    I've never actually used ketchup in a marinade.

    We LOVE to grill and marinate. I'm so glad you linked this up, it sounds zingy and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care for ketchup on its own, but I always like it in recipes. This looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sounds simple and yummy! I know my dd would love it for the name along! She's really into the Kit American Girl movie/stories right now and makes little hobo signs in the dirt everywhere she goes. Hobo steak would be right up her alley! :) Thanks for sharing! Now following from TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sound yummy! I think I'll give that a try. I've been looking for a new grill recipe as I'm trying my best not to heat up my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds delicious! :)
    I'm following you from Tuesday Tag Along!

    I would love for you to stop by craftsandsutch.blogspot.com when you get a chance to take a peek at what I've been up to. :) I have a super, fun giveaway so be sure to check it out! :)

    Have a happy week!

    Erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOHHHH that looks good. Got some steaks in the fridge and I just might be dressing them up with this!

    Already a follower from TTA. Would love to hear back from you. Can't wait to come back here and look around some more!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower from Tuesday blog hopping.

    Happy Tuesday!

    http://www.fabulousfamilyreviews.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds good. I love it when I have all the ingredients on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I will have to try this recipe. It sound yummy and perfect for the 4th. Thanks for sharing. If you stop by my post you will find a vintage recipe, fried devilled eggs. I know it sounds bad but they really are tasty. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet the flavor is amazing! great combination of flavors in the marinade!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great, yum! I love beef lol!

    Just saying hi from NFF.
    Come say hi when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails