September 13, 2010

Recipe of the Week -- Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms

Entertaining season is almost upon us. Yikes!! I am sooo not ready.

But in the spirit of being ready for all those holiday get-togethers here is one of my most requested appetizer recipes. Super, super easy and you can make them ahead of time. Just put them together and refrigerate until you're ready to start serving. Then pop them under the broiler for a couple of minutes and viola! they are done, hot and ready to eat.



Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
1 tbls. chopped green onion
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 lb. whole fresh mushrooms, stems removed

In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the bacon, onion and garlic powder. Spoon into mushroom caps. Place on an ungreased broiler pan. Broil 4-6 inches away from heat for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.


For more great recipes visit Two For Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday and Tuesdays at the Table.

19 comments:

  1. This is the 2nd bacon recipe I've seen. Lovin it! Thanks so much for sharing and linkin up to tasty tuesdays. Can't wait to try it. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, more bacon LOL. The recipe I posted also has bacon. It is like it was a theme or something LOL. These look so delicious I am a huge stuffed mushroom fan! I am really going to have to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks so good! My husband will love this. He says anything with bacon is just good. I found you on to the top tuesday, I hope you'll follow me back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy! Hi! I am a new follower from Tuesday's blog hops. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Blessings...
    Saved By Love Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the Tuesday Blog Hops!
    Hope to see you hop back by!

    Be sure to also join my blog hop today!

    Kerin :)
    hergoodintentions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came from Tuesday Hope, following you via GFC now, really like your blog. Would love if you come visit me over at www.twoboysonegirlandacrazymom.com.
    Happy Tuesday, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by from Follow Me Back Tuesday! Please follow me back @ www.romanianprincess.com

    Thanks, Nicole Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started salivating just from the title! I'm definitely adding this recipe to my collection! :)

    Stopping by to say "Hi" from the Hip Homeschool Hop!
    I just wanted to introduce myself as the newest member of the HHM team - I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

    - Ashley Pichea
    @apichea
    ashleypichea.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, I might just become a mushroom fan!!!
    Evelyn
    http://adventureofsuperspice.com
    http://evelynleon.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look delicious - great for entertaining that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping by from Prairie Story. These look like wonderful little treats. I will sure have to try them. Thank You...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am def going to make these. Probably going to make this for a family dinner and christmas dinner! They look yummy! I also found you on blog hop. I am a new follower!

    http://nicholesownspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stuffed mushrooms so good, and I really like that your's are not fussy. You are right...entertaining season is around the corner - so exciting! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sound really good! Hopping over to say hi and become your newest follower! :)
    Love the blog!
    Would love a follow back-
    JoDee
    www.atozformomslikeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Buy DMT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am always looking for some free kinds of stuff over the internet. There are also some companies which give free samples. But after visiting your blog, I do not visit too many blogs. Thanks. how to make mushroom gummies

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails