June 09, 2011

Crafty Friday 6/10 - Inspiration

Where do you find inspiration for your crafting? I'd really like to know.


I get asked that questions a lot, but it mostly applies to my colors. I get asked how I choose colors and how I decide what colors to put together. Sometimes I have no idea where the ideas come from, but other times I can pinpoint an inspiring moment.

One of those moments came to me yesterday. We spent the day at the Toledo Zoo and as I'm walking around snapping pictures I realized I could translate these animal pictures into yarn, rovings and batts. I can see the browns and blacks, greys and greens. Not to mention the colors from the fish and birds. Can you imagine a clown fish batt? Where's Nemo? :o)

Just today I made a Tiger inspired batt. I'm having a hard time deciding if I can let it go. These animal inspired fiber goodies are going to be so much fun!

So where do you find inspiration?

Do you have something to share? Let us know what you’re working on this week! It can be photos of a project, instructions, recipes, or anything else you feel is "crafty". If you have something to share with us on your blog, add your link to the current week's party. Just please be sure to:
  1. Add the permalink to the specific blog post, not your general blog address in the linky form below.
  2. Include in your blog entry a link back to the party post on this blog so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is working on today and have an opportunity to contribute! You can use the code below to add the button to your posts or blog if you'd like.
  3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what makes a party fun!! You don't want to come to a party and have no one talk to you!

If you want to play along don't forget to grab a button to place at the top or bottom of your post to show you are participating in Crafty Fridays!
Simply copy the code below in the box and paste where you can edit the html in your blog post.

Home Sweet Farm





3 comments:

  1. For some reason, the link tool isn't working on my computer. We made homemade herbal shampoo this week using herbs from our garden:

    http://harvestmoonbyhand.blogspot.com/2011/06/homemade-herbal-shampoo-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the crafty type, but I've recently discovered your Delectable Tuesday. As a thank you for hosting, I have an award for you...
    http://msenplace.blogspot.com/2011/06/june-potluck-banana-blueberry-stuffed.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails