June 27, 2011

Delectable Tuesday Blog Hop 6/28 - Homemade Caramel Sauce

Do you enjoy ice cream sundaes? Maybe with chocolate, caramel and whipped cream? (I shouldn't write this when I'm hungry....)

I almost always have chocolate sauce around, but caramel sauce is practically nonexistent and until recently I had no idea how to make it. I thought it'd be hard or that I wouldn't have the ingredients on hand. (Who keeps heavy cream on hand all the time?)

I stumbled upon this recipe and was instantly hooked. Here was a caramel sauce that I could make whenever I wanted! Now that summer is here, ice cream sundaes will be a frequent dessert. Of course there is also the holiday weekend coming up. Gotta make sundaes for that too.

What have you been making this week?


Homemade Caramel Sauce

1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup boiling water
dash salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons cream (evaporated milk can be substituted)
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix sugar with flour in saucepan; blend well. Add water and salt. Stir while cooking for 6 to 8 minutes. If too thick add a little more water. Remove from heat; stir in butter, cream, and vanilla.


For more great recipes visit Hearth and Soul, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday and Tuesdays at the Table.

Home Sweet Farm





17 comments:

  1. oh my, i had no idea how to make my own caramel sauce but that sounds delicious! thanks for sharing and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade caramel sauce is the bomb! Your recipe looks fantastic, thank you for sharing! And hosting!
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you do this to me?!! I am NOT going to eat anything after 6 PM no matter what...at least until I read a recipe like that. You are murder on willpower! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister was just telling me how she made her own caramel too. I never even thought of doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting!
    Could you send a jar of that sauce my way?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sauce looks so yummy and easy to make. Thanks for sharing that recipe. Great party today too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting and for reminding me to make up a batch of homemade caramel sauce. I have a similar recipe but haven't made it for a while; I think I'll give your recipe a try and see how my hubby likes it. :) Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just need your caramel sauce and spoon to be one happy girl! Yum! Thanks so much for hosting this fun party. I've shared a Potato Salad with Honey Thyme Vinaigrette today. Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Going to be making some ice cream this coming weekend and it looks like I'll be having some caramel sauce as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! this caramel sauce looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I found your blog through a link party and LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks good. I love caramel! Would come over and share some of your recipes at my link party Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this one sounds a little easier than the one I have made before. Sounds like a good one to try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its sound good for this recipe. I like above this recipe its preparation step useful for every one. I follow your steps to prepare for this one. Its taste is good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a glorious caramel sauce! I was wondering, do you store this refrigerated or at room temperature and how long does it keep for?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails