November 22, 2010

From the Archives - Chocolate Pecan Pie

I'm bringing back a favorite for Thanksgiving. I make this every year and it's my absolute fave pie! It's hard to even imagine Thanksgiving without it.


Chocolate Pecan Pie

3 eggs
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell

In a medium bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla with a whisk. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle chocolate chunks over the bottom of the pie shell. Pour pecan mixture over the chocolate chunks in the pie shell.

Bake at 350* for 50-55 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours; refrigerate until serving time.

5 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!

    Though Thanksgiving has passed in Canada, I'm thinking this would be wonderful to serve my parents when they come to tea over the weekend. I love pecan pie and the additional chocolate sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my all time favorites - but I haven't had it in years! I think it's time to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought pecan pie is yummy! Hello chocolate pecan pie! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think this take on pecan pie looks sooooo good. I'm going to have to actually see for myself very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the only thing that could make pecan pie better is chocolate! This looks soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails