November 15, 2010

Where Do You Homeschool?

I know it's a funny question because the obvious answer is home, but where in your home do your kids do their work?

I tried for years to make a school space. I even had a school room for one school year, but finally gave up because no matter what, the kids always ended up somewhere else.

It wasn't their fault either. There was always a good reason. Sometimes it was because the light was better elsewhere. Other times it was because I needed to be in another room, but the kids needed my help.

I've finally decided that we have a central place for school books and such and the kids can do their work wherever they land. Generally this is the kitchen table, but not always.

This is where I found them a couple days ago.

This one was curled up in a chair.

And these 2 were at the table.

1 comment:

  1. I use the Charlotte Mason method, and one of my favorite quotes from her is "Education is an atmosphere, a discipline, a life." It isn't about where you teach, but what you teach. I try not to make homeschooling just school at home...kwim.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails