May 23, 2011

Delectable Tuesday Blog Hop 5/24 - Basic White Frosting

It's Tuesday! I can't wait to see what recipes you share today. I think we had a record number last week. It was so exciting!!

Today I'm going to share a recipe that has been in my family forever. I've heard rumors that it was originally a Wilton recipe, but I'm not sure.

This week's recipe is a basic white frosting. I use boxed cake mixes a lot, but I always make my own frosting. It's super easy and really good.

This frosting can be used on just about anything. I use it on sugar cookies and other cookies that call for frosting. I also use it on cakes and cupcakes. It colors really easily too.


Basic White Frosting

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
Dash salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
5 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk

Using an electric mixer, mix all ingredients together except milk. On highest setting, gradually add in milk until creamy and smooth. Color as desired.

For more great recipes visit Hearth and Soul, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday and Tuesdays at the Table.

Home Sweet Farm





14 comments:

  1. That looks so fluffy and yummy! I am adding it to my favorite recipes! Thank you for hosting and sharing your recipe!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful swirl of frosting. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for hosting and sharing.This is one basic frosting that I need.I brought my Buttery Bar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Stephani,
    I linked up my easy Mini Pecan Pie Muffins. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharing our recipe for maple oatmeal muffins this morning. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much again for hosting. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting. Now I want frosting. For breakfast.
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great party already. I am always looking for good "basic" beginnings. Thanks for sharing this frosting. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m a sharing a Filipino vegetable dish today called Pakbet Tagalog.
    Enjoy everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That frosting looks so good. I love your photo. I wanted to invite you to link up your best recipes tomorrow at These Chicks Cooked Showcase. Have a good one :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM!

    Mandie
    http://time4mommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I'm your newest follower. That frosting looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting! This frosting looks like a great recipe to have. Thanks!

    This week I'm linking up an easy, quick summery pasta.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails