July 14, 2011

Crafty Friday 7/15 - Tour de Fleece

Hi! Sorry it's been quiet around here. Our internet had been weird all week. :(

How many of you are spinners? Are you spinning in the Tour de Fleece? For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about....there is a huge group of people world-wide that are all spinning yarn along with the Tour de France. There are several teams to join and probably the most fun of all is just sharing the pictures of all our yarn goodies.

I've been spinning when time allows and have actually managed to complete 2 skeins of yarn and a mini skein. I can't remember the last time I spun 2 skeins in the same week. Yeah!

Yarn #1 is a 2-ply fingering weight yarn. This is superwash merino and was such a delight to spin. I haven't spun a lot of superwash and it was very easy and this yarn is SOFT!! It deserves to be made into something extra special.


Yarn #2 is alpaca straight from the alpacas in our backyard. I carded up a whole bunch of Tudors inspired batts for a spin-a-long we are hosting and this is Henry VIII. It's hard to see, but there are blacks, grays, purples and blues throughout the whole yarn. It's so pretty!


So what have you been up to this week?

Do you have something to share? Let us know what you’re working on this week! It can be photos of a project, instructions, recipes, or anything else you feel is "crafty". If you have something to share with us on your blog, add your link to the current week's party. Just please be sure to:
  1. Add the permalink to the specific blog post, not your general blog address in the linky form below.
  2. Include in your blog entry a link back to the party post on this blog so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is working on today and have an opportunity to contribute! You can use the code below to add the button to your posts or blog if you'd like.
  3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what makes a party fun!! You don't want to come to a party and have no one talk to you!

If you want to play along don't forget to grab a button to place at the top or bottom of your post to show you are participating in Crafty Fridays!
Simply copy the code below in the box and paste where you can edit the html in your blog post.

Home Sweet Farm





4 comments:

  1. Wish I could spin!

    and ooops, my finger slipped as I was cropping my image, and I hit enter. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol for some reason I find your title Tour de Fleece just hilarious. Can't stop giggling! I wish I was a spinner, but alas I tend to keep to the kitchen.

    Julianna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails