January 17, 2011

Delectable Tuesday Blog Hop 1/18 - Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix

If your house is anything like my house, you go through a whole lot of tacos. Well, tacos, nachos, enchiladas....any kind of Mexican will do.

Do you ever realize at the last minute that you are out of taco seasoning packets? Me too. Even with a fairly well stocked pantry it still happens.

Here is a great make at home taco seasoning to have on hand on your spice shelf or as a last minute "save your bacon" substitute.

Don't forget to add your recipe to the linky below! We all love new food ideas!

Homemade Taco Seasoning


1 tbls. Chili powder
1/4 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes and dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp each freshly ground pepper and salt

In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Store in an airtight container.

For more great recipes visit Hearth and Soul, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday and Tuesdays at the Table.

Home Sweet Farm






17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this; I've actually been meaning to make my own and I just realized I have all that on hand and now I CAN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making my own taco seasoning! I love the smell of cumin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting! And for giving us the recipe for homemade taco seasoning, I will put that to good use.

    -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know I had never thought of making my own. I will have to make a batch soon. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Honoring The King

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I have always wanted to make my own taco seasoning. Thanks for hosting and letting me join the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect recipe for my family! I have always wanted to make my own seasoning since we use sooo much of the packaged stuff around here. Thanks so much for hosting and for posting this great recipe. I have everything to try this right now. I've linked up for the first time and look forward to finding many more wonderful recipes. Have a great Tuesday, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that taco seasoning is so easy! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the sharing! I'm joining for the first time, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can hardly wait to give that taco seasoning a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to know there's a way to make your own taco seasoning so you can always have as much or as little as you like. I linked up with chicken divan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I often get a taste for tacos, but then give up since I won't have the seasoning on hand. Now I have no excuse. I'll be making this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! We are stuck over in Germany right now, and you wouldn't believe how expensive Taco Seasoning is here. This little recipe is going to come in handy, thanks for sharing :)

    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUCH a good idea! Thanks for sharing this practical recipe! Next time I realize that I don't have taco seasoning, I'll remember this post as opposed to using my chili seasoning that I do have! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Stephani! Just found out you had a wonderful tuesday linky! I am going to share your linky on my thoughts on friday link love post so more folks will know about it! I am linking up a great buttermilk biscuit recipe that is probably easier than buying biscuit dough! All the best! Alex

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for sharing, I didn't realize all those spices made up taco seasoning lol
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yup, we use lots of taco seasoning in this house, too. My version is very close to yours...which sounds fantastic and makes me want tacos right this minute! Thanks for sharing w/ the hearth and soul hop this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, all of these look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails