December 14, 2009

Recipe of the week -- Christmas Cheese Ball

I'm back! So sorry to have missed last week's recipe and now I'm a day late with this one. Between getting ready for Christmas and getting sick, it's been a crazy time. Just finished my niece's present and wrapped it, so I thought I could take a break for a minute and share one of my favorite holiday recipes.

This is one of those recipes that before you know it, the plate is empty and everyone is screaming for more. In fact, I have only one picture of the ball and it's half eaten in it. I set the plate down, went for the camera, and this is what it looked like when I got back. That's how fast it seems to disappear.

I suppose you could use it anytime of the year, but it looks so festive in it's green and red colors.


Christmas Cheese Ball

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions (greens only), chopped
1 jar (2 oz.) diced pimientos, drained
2 tbls. butter
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in cheddar cheese, onions, pimientos, butter and Worcestershire sauce.

Line a small bowl with plastic wrap. Press cheese mixture into bowl; smooth top. Cover and refrigerate until serving. (Best chilled at least 2 hours). Serve with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails