December 06, 2010

Recipe of the Week -- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies

It's December! (As if you didn't already know) And that means Christmas cookies!!!!!

I spent the day gathering all the ingredients needed for this year's holiday treats and sorting them on the table. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything because I have a LOT of baking planned and our 4-H group has a cookie exchange party this week at our house (guess I have to clean).

One of favorite holiday cookies isn't really a holiday cookie at all, but I only make them at Christmas time. It's one of those cookies that you see everywhere and everyone seems to make them, yet I still get requests for the recipe every year.

I'd thought I'd share them with you this week. The recipe is not mine, but comes from the Hershey company (yum!).


Peanut Butter Blossoms

48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Granulated sugar

Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates and set the chocolates aside.

Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.


My favorite way to eat these is about 10 minutes after they've come out of the oven. They are warm the Hershey kisses are ooey gooey. :o)

For more great recipes visit Two For Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday and Tuesdays at the Table.

13 comments:

  1. I frequently make these at the holidays and everyone loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my favorite cookies! Whenever we go to a party and there's a tray of these, I always end up stuffing my face. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are perfect on a Christmas cookie tray! I'm with you - they are best right out of the oven with the chocolate still gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe! Sounds like one I need to make for my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these cookies! I see them everywhere, but I've never attempted to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just getting ready to make this for the kids
    next week .There is no such thing as too much chocolate or peanut butter!(Newest follower)

    ReplyDelete
  7. one of the first cookies I learned to bake and still love these they are also called cyclops did you know that

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are my husbands favorite cookies! I love making them, they're so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just made these today! I skipped rolling them in sugar bc I was short on time and they turned out blah. Edible but not as good as they could have been! Thanks for sharing :) I found you via What's Cooking Wednesday

    www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've made these before and they are fabulous! Always a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look great! My mom makes something similar every year. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum - they sound delicious andlook so cute too :-)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love peanut butter cookies - they are ones I make each year too! Thanks for linking to the Hearth and Soul Hop (the name has changed from Two for Tuesdays - same great hop!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails