November 27, 2009

The Thanksgiving far

Our Thanksgiving weekend got off to an early start with a very interesting email Tuesday morning. Before I'd even woke up enough to get dressed, I received an email from the farm we bought our very first alpacas from. I had expressed interest in a female they had way back in the spring. We talked a little, but it never got to the buying stage. Well, in this email they offered her to us at a price that was easy to live with. Let's just say, I said yes before I even talked to Jim.

We went and picked her up Wednesday afternoon. She's a beautiful brown suri and her name is Wella (short for Welcome Home). I finally was able to get one pic of her this morning as the snow started clearing. She seems to have settled in fine and is making new friends with her pasture mates.

Thanksgiving day had me getting up earlier than I like to get the turkey in the oven. We got it stuffed and in by 8. Then it was off to do chores. While outside, my sister called to say they weren't going to make it. Both she and my niece were sick. It turned into a weird, quiet, unholiday-like day with only us and my parents. See, my other sister lives in Illinois and wasn't able to make it either. By the end of the day we did have some of our older kids pop in and out so it wasn't completely a wash. 7 kids out of 8 on one day is nearly a record. :o)

We went to bed early because poor Jim had to be at work by 5:30 to deal with the crazy crowds and me, well.....for the first time in 4 years I went out on Black Friday. All because of my niece. I went to one store for her present and then back home. It really wasn't that bad, but I avoided the entire mall, wal-mart, best buy area of town. Where I was going was the complete opposite of all that so it wasn't bad. I think there were about 15 people waiting in line at this store.

Now I'm home, baking bread, getting lunch around and really wishing I could take a nap. Maybe after lunch....

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails